Thursday, January 19, 2012

Overwhelmed, and I like it

I really just meant to pick up a couple of extra books to get me through the holidays. I figured, I could spend some time reading, which I find enjoyable and relaxing, and maybe I could learn a little something.

The problem is, the library has a seeming inexhaustible supply of books, so my eyes were bigger than my holiday. I suppose that it also didn't help that we had our annual holiday movie viewing spree.

Here are some books that I have been working on or have recently read. They each had some interesting and great stuff. All of them had more to recomend in them than I could possibly put here, so I will just throw in a quote I liked from each of them and a link to a summary. So if you are looking for something to read, consider something from this list:


Seal Team Six

"The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday"







Leadership and Crisis

" A surprising number of Americans do not see the connection between the growth of government and the loss of freedom."




The Midas Touch

"It’s next to impossible to build a successful business without relationships. But you can do it without partners if you are capable of structuring deals and bringing in the right talent for specific projects."





Rin Tin Tin

"He's so tough I have to feed him manhole covers for breakfast."









The End Of Molasses Classes

"Create moments that will have a lasting impact on children's lives."








Primetime Propaganda

"...there has been no more powerful voice in our culture than television."





The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor

Ok, nothing really useful in this one. This one was just for fun. But here is something:

"No one is more shocked by Brian's actions than Brian......"




No comments: