Saturday, March 8, 2014

Huffing and Puffing

My wife has been working on holding me accountable in my eating choices, but it is difficult for her.

I really do want to eat better and have a definite opinion of what I should and should not eat and the effects that the unnatural food that is so readily available have on my body.

But, it is also easy for my to slip and slide away from what I know is good for me.

The other day, as I was jogging through a sandy wash behind some out-of-towners with some friends of mine, I started to feel every bit of my backsliding ways in the food department. 

Just as I was feeling about the worst, I got a message on my handy mobile computer device. It was a message from Diane, letting me know that my expenditures on local restaurants and delightfully sugar bombed coffee beverages in February was triple my January expenditures.

I think I could already feel that without her having to tell me.

On the other hand, I did have a little extra gear on.

Maybe that's what wore me out so quick.

No comments: