Wednesday, March 19, 2014

For you newlyweds....and veteran married people too

On one of the first few days of our academy, we were out on the grass doing pushups. The first week was kind of a grind, with extra physical training tossed at us in an effort to get rid of some people that didn't have much business being there at the time.


I must have looked like I was struggling at one point, because Sgt. Roth, the Sgt. in Charge of training, leaned down next to me and politely asked what the was the hardest thing I had ever done.

Without skipping a beat, I replied, "Living with my wife!"

He kind of smirked, stalked off and left me alone the rest of the academy.

Don't get me wrong. I love my wife and I enjoy our life together. But living with her has been hard. Here's why.

In order to successfully build a marriage relationship, I have had to set aside myself in order to build our life. It no longer becomes all about my own selfish desires, but I have to think of someone else and not just myself.

That is hard to do sometimes. But it is worth it.

And, in case you think you are having a hard time with pretty much anything, check out the video I linked below. At least you are not "that guy".

MP trainee after being oc'd

No comments: