Sunday, March 2, 2008

Costco

Costco is awesome.

Well, the streams of people wandering around in your way is horrible and the parking lot full of angry drivers is even worse. But, check this out.

We bought this great looking bamboo flooring for our house at a really good price there. We were all set to put it in our house and it looked like it would work out great. But, over time, we realized that the sort of floor we have and the sort of floor we bought would take way more effort than we had anticipated.

So, we returned it today. It was 84 good size boxes of bamboo flooring, each weighing about 40 pounds. Diane and I loaded it all into a rented budget truck, because it would have taken at least 5 trips, if not more, in my pick up truck.

The guys that helped us unload at the store were none too happy, but the returns lady took them all back without batting an eye or asking a question.The kicker for me is that we bought it all in april of 2006. That is nearly two years.

Agent Pipes encouraged me with a "There is no way they will take that back after so long."

But, thanks to their generous return policy, we are now free to search for a more suitable alternative.

6 comments:

agentpipes said...

I made the blog!!!

Anonymous said...

I wonder if they could take come of your comments back...

Anonymous said...

I don't know what that last comment is.

I can't believe they took the stuff back either. I am afraid I would have been with agent pipes and just told you to forget it.

Anonymous said...

Personally, I believed the FPF knew what he was doing all along. Way to go, Jaime!

agentpipes said...

I don't remember ever saying that... but maybe that's because of thinking rule #6.

Anonymous said...

or maybe # 4