Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Don't try this at home.



Anybody remember the Tommy Tutone song from the early 80's "8675309"? According to this article by snopes.com, this number has caused problems for numerous people who have actually been assigned the number, 867-5309.

A couple of years ago, I tried this number right here in Tucson. Apparently, the girl who had this number had received similar calls before. The message on the phone was a tirade about how she was not Jenny and idiots, like me, ought to stop calling and looking for her. I guess I am not all that original.

Anyways, I remembered this song because someone on Steven Furtick's creative team's blog was talking about the 555 number you always see in movies. Not only that, but my friend Jennifer let me know some good spots on Oahu to check out. She was the only Jenny I knew when this song was popular. I doubt she likes it very much and probably didn't appreciate guys like me singing to her either.

Her number was 345.....and I better not tell the rest.

Thanks for the tips Jennifer.

No comments: