Monday, April 27, 2009

SoutPort Dedication, Part Two

I did not anticipate many of the struggles and challenges we faced, I also didn't anticipate the many ways God would continue to build our Faith, this Church and His Kingdom. He made it abundantly clear that he would touch our world through SouthPort Community Church. Incidently, we were also encouraged during the early days of Southport Church by Rev. Steve Scott's Father, the Pastor who started the original Church of the Nazarene in West Sacramento Fifty years earlier. We owe so much to the vision and desire to touch the community to Rev. Scott and the pioneers who built that Church.

In late 2003, I believed God was calling my family to move on and we made the difficult decision to leave the place where we had seen God do so many things and brought so many wonderful people into our lives. After a time of transition, Pastor Bruce took over the reins of leadership and we left for Tucson in early 2004. While it was difficult to leave dear friends, who are more like family, I am pleased to see continued confirmation that our decision was the right one.

At this time of dedication of a new facility, I want to express my joy in seeing SouthPort Community Church moving into a new phase of ministry. I am confident that the leadership, under Pastor Bruce, will continue to bring you to a closer walk with the Lord, encourage you as you find your life's calling and purpose and help you see the hand of our Lord as he continues to build his Church and change our world.

Whether you were at this Church when we were still here, you started your journey with SouthPort after we left or this is your first Sunday, my family and I want you to know that you will continue to be in our prayers as you seek to grow in the Lord. We still care deeply for all of you and and are very proud and humbled that God let us be a part of such a great Church.

Blessings,

James & Diane Allerton

No comments: