Saturday, July 11, 2009

Yahrzeit


Tonight,or actually tomorrow morning, is the one year anniversary of my Father's passing.

Since he had recently discovered that his mother was Jewish and was exploring his Jewish heritage, I am planning on lighting a Yahrzeit candle this evening in his memory. The lighting of the Yarzeit candle is customarily done at sundown on the eve of the deceased person's passing. I think my Dad would have liked to be remembered with this custom.

On the right side of this blog, you can still find links about my Father and his death last year.

1 comment:

bro mike said...

Thanks for doing this James. I'm sure the Lord will allow dad to be aware of this. This is what is called the "communion of Saints" in the old church tradition. I'll be in prayer. Bless you, Diane and the kids.