Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Happy What!?!


I know I probably say something about this every year, but.....

We went shopping for our tree on Sunday. After we bought it, someone threw out the usual, "Happy Holidays."

It made me wonder what holiday they were talking about, since everyone knows it is Christmas time. I wasn't buying a Kwanza tree, Hanukkah was over last Wednesday and I don't think it is the time of year for Ramadan.

At first I thought that people said this because they were afraid of offending people by mentioning Christmas, even though everyone knows that it is Christmas time and they are really saying "Merry Christmas" when they say "Happy Holidays". Sort of like when friends shake hands they are really saying "I love you".

But, I think I was wrong. Here is a list I found of Holidays that are between December 12th, when I bought the tree until the end of the year. Turns out they are thinking of quite a few holidays.

So when someone wishes you "Happy Holidays", they are really wishing that you would find joy, not only in Christmas, but in Tiger Wood's birthday, the anniversary of the first flight at Kittyhawk and the invention of the thermometer.

Happy Holidays!

December 12th

December 13th

December 14th

December 15th

December 16th

December 17th

December 18th

December 19th

December 20th

December 21st

December 22nd

December 23rd

December 24th

December 25th

December 26th

December 27th

  • Visit the Zoo Day

December 28th

December 29th

December 30th

December 31st

  • New Year's Eve
  • 1 comment:

    Nichole said...

    Humbug Day and Look at the Bright Side Day are the same day? Funny!