Monday, September 2, 2013

When he was only three.....

I was recently at work driving around in my truck and looking for evildoers, when I saw some members of the U.S. Border Patrol frantically waving me down and two ladies standing beside their parked car talking to them.

I have learned from past experience that the one thing Patrol Agents fear is talking with journalists. As far as they are concerned, talking with a reporter is a worse fate then being interviewed by an attorney. They are even forbidden by their policies from giving interviews, etc., etc.

Sure enough, their frantic waves were because they were dealing with a local television reporter and her camera person.

I was able to save them by taking the reporters to the likely spot where a man had recently been shot in the backside by his three year old while they were spending some quality time at the range.

When the reporter asked me if I had ever heard of a three year old involved in any sort of shooting. Of course I have, and I let her know about it.

Davy Crockett ".... 'kilt him a b'ar' when he was only three."

Here is a link to the news report:

A Tucson toddler accidently shoots his father on a shooting range

And here is Fess Parker, Davy Crockett to generations of Disney viewers, singing all about it:


 

 

No comments: