Sunday, February 2, 2014

American Sniper

I didn't realize it until someone pointed it out to me a few minutes ago, but today is the one year anniversary of the passing of Chris Kyle.

I didn't know him, of course. But I was glad that I got to know about him a little bit through his books, American Sniper and American Gun.

I also got a glimpse of his personality through watching his bemused action in Stars Earn Stripes.

We are truly diminished for having lost him in our country and my prayers and sympathy to his family.

In a great tribute, Joe Namath will be wearing a bracelet to honor him at the coin toss for today's game. A fitting reminder that, while we admire our athletes, there are even bigger heroes that have walked among us.

American Sniper
American Gun
Starts Earn Stripes
Joe Namath

No comments: