Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Spiritual Gifts

The first book of Corinthians from the bible talks about some of the spiritual gifts that God gives to his people so they can love and serve one another and the world.

Sometimes, when I am in Church, it feels like the most important gifts include being quiet when someone else talks for a good 30-40 minutes straight. Or the gift of being able to actually sit still for that long.

Oh, and handshaking. I feel like I need a supernatural ability to shake hands sometimes. I suppose a big boost of super spiritual immunity is also important, after all that hand shaking. 

Please don't misunderstand. I love the Church. Sometimes, I just like to prod.

I Corinthians 12:21 "But desire the greater gifts. And I will show you an even better way."

No comments: