Saturday, January 16, 2016

Tomes I've been taking in


In case any of these topics might pique your interest, here's a few I've been perusing lately (Well, since November):



This includes some vivid battle descriptions and the a look at the aftermath of these recent battles. Interesting and provocative.

















While I certainly don't agree with much of what she is saying (i.e. violence and crime by certain ethnic groups was, to an extent, created by police efforts to "re-define"what is criminal and repressive practices), it is good to hear some alternative voices.











A fun collection of illustrated stories from the 40's and 50's, with mind bending (but usually predictable) twists. How can you not grab this up and look when you see this book?















I'm already biased against what the military considers "healthy" food choices. This did not help at all. But, it is an eye opening look at how military practices have influenced out diets.














This war, known by some as the first world war, helped define our practices in dealing with natives and certainly informed the revolutionary war and "decided the fate..." of North America. It also had some anecdotes that I've never heard before.

And I'm more into military history than what is probably healthy, so I had to pick it up.














No comments: