Friday, May 19, 2017

All I need is a tall ship...






As I have shared before, their are some that think I have a propensity for winning random drawings. I have won, among other things, a trip to India, an American Girls Dollhouse that the girls really wanted and some random books, videos, lessons, food items and so forth.

I'm not sure if I really do win these any more than anyone else, but I do know that their seems to be a few rules.

They include:

1) I can't just win the prize at someone else's behest. the dollhouse didn't count as that, because it was something that I wanted to win for them. Not that I don't want to win prizes for others.  It's complicated. But the rule holds fast.

2) I have to know I am going to win ahead of time. If I don't know for sure, then I'm not going to win.

3) I have to announce said knowledge to someone else.

These are the rules and, if they are not kept, or the conditions aren't met, I won't win. If they are, I will.

The latest I won has yet to come to fruition. Pictured above is the sailing ship U.S.S. Bill of Rights. During a trip to San Diego, they were spinning a wheel for various prizes. they granddaddy of these prizes was a sailing lesson on the beautiful Bill of Rights.

I told Ethan, who was with me, that I was going to win that prize, because I knew I would. I spun the wheel and I won that prize.

The representatives of the vessel have contacted me once, and I'm still awaiting to hear when I can come sail away. ***I had hoped to give this prize to the oldest daughter, Is that a violation of the rules, thus voiding my prize? I think not, but we shall see.***

In the meantime, read this:

Sea Fever
I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by;
And the wheel’s kick and the wind’s song and the white sail’s shaking,
And a grey mist on the sea’s face, and a grey dawn breaking.
 
Or watch this:
 
 
 

No comments: