Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Little Ricky Rides the Range

Several years ago, Diane and T.J. and I were riding on one of those trail horse ride things in Estes Park Colorado. The only other people on the ride (besides the trail guide) was a 12 year old girl and her Dad, who kept trying to get the horse to do things, like turn in a direction other than on the trail.

Halfway through the ride, the girl said, do you know who my dad is? "That man right there", I answered, hoping I was correct. She said, "He's little Ricky!".

Turns out, her Dad was Keith Thibodeaux, the man who, as a child actor, portrayed the drum banging son of Lucy and Desi. He was in Estes Park with the Ballet Magnificat!, which he and his wife founded. He invited us to come check them out at some Christian Music Festival down the road from the trail riding place.

I am mostly mentioning this because the Ballet Magnificat! was in town last night at Christ Community Church. I am not usually a fan of the Ballet, but this was a very moving presentation on a story inspired by the story of Rahab. And, the girls loved every minute of it. Even Agent Pipes son, who was along with us, was enthralled by it. Ethan was horrified that it lasted as long as it did, but hey, what six year old boy wouldn't be.

We even got to talk to Keith a bit after the show. Good times.

Ballet Magnificat!
.....check out there website.

12 comments:

Travis Hart said...

Who are Lucy and Desi???

Jaime said...

Lucy played Lucy and Desi Arnez, her husband, played her Husband Ricky in the I Love Lucy Show.

Travis Hart said...

Is that the show with all the kids and they got married to create a giant family together, or was it the one with the genie, or maybe the one with the mom as the witch. Am I close?

Jaime said...

Yep

That is the one.

Come On Get Happy!!!

Anonymous said...

Did he seriously not know who Luci and Desi are? I can't tell with that one.

"Come on Get Happy". Isn't that the Partridge Family?

Anonymous said...

Did he seriously not know who Luci and Desi are? I can't tell with that one.

"Come on Get Happy". Isn't that the Partridge Family?

Jaime said...

Mountain Mike...why did you do the same comment twice?

Yeah, Come on Get Happy is the Partridge Family song. I saw a bus that was all painted up like the partridge family's...which no one but me .... and mountain mike..... probably remembers.

Anonymous said...

I know the Partridge Family. I had Nickelodeon when I was a kid too. I just never really liked them. I much prefer the action shows. Give me a good Magnum P.I. or Simon and Simon.

Anonymous said...

You guys are all really old, I think.

Jaime said...

You got that right!

Anonymous said...

Is Jaime here now? Are we speaking to Jaime?

Jaime said...

You got that right!