Monday, February 2, 2009

My Face is on Your Book

I know that many of you have already discovered it, but that Facebook thing really is a unique and interesting way to connect with friends, both old and new. Where else could I connect with people as diverse from various points in my life? Consider some of the following that I have recently added:

My friend Jason, who was in a play with me and Larry that we wrote, directed and were the principle actors. He also was on my (or was it his) champion brain bowl team two years in a row. All in High School, of course.

Brea, who was a good friend and a key part of our Church in Sacramento. She was an elementary teacher there and is an aesthetician in Boston now.

Kaye, who was in my Sunday School class and I distinctly remember seeing a group of people carry her car to the lawn in the 11th grade.

Melissa, who along with her twin sister watched our kids each time a Lord of the Rings Movie was released.

Dan, who fell out of a pickup and was put into a coma, then recovered none the worse for wear.

Heather from Bookman's, who gave me $50 bucks for not blogging bad things about Bookman's.

Heather from work, that likes to run in crazy marathons.

Kelly, that I knew when I was in the AF and that we just visited in Denver.

And that is just a small sample. I have 145 people that are listed as Facebook “friends” and I have stories for each of them. It just seems an odd and unusual thing.

Oh, and I just added another friend...Judy, who used to live here in Tucson and I met her at some local small business mixers.

No comments: