Monday, September 13, 2010

Something Old, Something New


This post is exclusively for those that want a small glimpse into what I have been doing with my time. All others please disregard.

For the past several years, I have been considering how I reconcile my calling as a minister with my calling as a uniformed officer. I am still on that journey to considering if this occupation is a wilderness experience for me to grow and learn (Moses did it for forty years, so my five so far seems paltry), or a lifelong career or something entirely different.

This week, I am a part of a uniformed chaplain's academy, learning how to operate in the capacity of a Chaplain for our Department.

I am already a part of the Peer Support Team and I am not entirely certain how the department will use me in this capacity, but it is a great opportunity to learn and grow.

here is a link to the application that gives a little more information about the course:

Uniformed Chaplain's Academy

No comments: