Sunday, July 10, 2011

Used To,


Sometimes we can feel like a collection of used to's.

Take me, for instance.

I used to SCUBA dive, but I haven't done that for years. I quit my job to go on a dive trip, and then I didn't have the money to do it any more.

I used to be a soldier, but that only lasted a few years. My enlistment time ran out, and I was interested in other things.

I used to be a student, but I got tired of always going to class and not getting paid for what I did with my time.

I used to be a preacher, but no-one has asked me to do that in a while.

I used to kayak in the whitewater, but there is no water around here, so I keep my kayak in California.

I used to regularly train at a martial arts place, but I decided I should spend my time and money on other things.

I guess it is okay to have some used to's, but I think I need a new schtick. Anyone up for some skydiving?

1 comment:

Nichole said...

You can always go scuba diving.
You will always be valued for your sacrifices as a soldier.
You are always learning whether you like it or not - its your personality.
You are more than a preacher, you are a pastor who is great at shepherding, discernment, and allowing God to open and close doors where He wants you.
Ok let go of the kayaking- You live in a desert.
You know how to kick anyone's martial arts butt if you are ever attacked while running.
And oh yeah, we wouldn't mind if you moved back to CA just to kayak.