Friday, November 23, 2007

Loose Ends and Old Men




Ok, we did the Thanksgiving thing. It turned out good. Now, all the same people who were at Aunt Mary's...40-50, will be at the 100th B-day party for Diane's Grandpa. The color gaurd from Border Patrol is supposed to show up too. Should be quite a shindig.

After the feastings, T.J. and I went to see "No Country for Old Men". Started out interesting, with a hunter happening upon the scene of a drug deal gone bad out in the wilderness. Ok, it was full of gratuitous violence and a wacked out killer, but we were getting into it until the end.

The end was just horrible. I won't give it away and I know there is a trend away from tying up all the loose ends and making a neat package at the end of a movie, but this was awful. Aw heck, I will give it away. Everyone dies and the very end has Tommy Lee Jones' character reciting a dream he had. Then it just goes to black and the credits roll. I know I make it sound dumb, but it really was dumb.

So, go check it out when you have two hours and 9 bucks to spare. You'll be angry and sorry you did.

Hope you had a great holiday!