Saturday, November 24, 2007

Turning Around



Several have asked me about my plans for future ministry.

If you don't know, I was the Pastor of a small church in Safford Arizona for a few years. After that, we moved to Sacramento, where I planted the SouthPort Community Church in West Sacramento. After a enjoyable and successful 5 years there, we transitioned the Church to another Pastor and I decided to come plant a Church in Tucson. The project in Tucson did not work out at all, which is another story in and of itself. So, I took a position with the Sheriff's Department.

After the troubles with the Church here in Tucson (once again, a story for another post), I decided not to pursue another ministry position for a time. I felt that I had pushed to get the position with the Church Plant in Tucson and I didn't want the next situation to be something I pushed to have come about. Rather, I would wait until an opportunity presented itself. The thought was that I would rather it be God's plan and timing than my plan and my timing.

So, I have been at the crossroad for a couple of years now. I am on "staff" at our Church now as the Pastor of Community Life, but it is a limited role. My friend who is a pastor in Bosie Idaho has recently presented an opportunity for me in his neck of the woods, so I will talk with people in that area about a possibility. We will see what happens with all that.

We have actually went to Boise last year to visit and it is a very nice place, so I would not feel too bad about going there. But, if we did go there, some things would have to fall into place. We would have to unload our house, get a living salary and ensure that the new project and area would be a good fit for us. So, for now, I will keep doing the best I can at the job I have and enjoying my family and friends here.

So, I am off to Ajo and probably will not post for another week.

No comments: