Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Anyone remember these Guys?

I don't watch much television these days. We don't have a box (which is an outdated term in these days of plasma and flat screen tvs) that does anything but act as a view screen for our DVD player. I do catch a couple of shows on Hulu , but not regularly.

When I was a kid, it was a different story. I used to love to watch the tube. All three channels. Four when we added HBO through the cable company.

Do you know how it is difficult to go back and watch shows that you just loved when you were a kid? You look at them and you think to yourself, "This would never make it as a show today.". The effects, dialogue, acting, story lines and pretty much everything about them just seem horrible. You wonder what it was that you liked so much about them

I recently viewed several episodes of Magnum P.I. season 1. Magnum P.I. used to be my all time favorite program. It was on the air from 1980 - 1988. And, it still, in spite of a bad mustache that Tom Selleck kept way to long and some silly scenes and stories, seemed like fun.

Now there are rumors of a Magnum P.I. movie being made starring Matthew McConaughey. Will he have to sport the 'stache?

Tom Selleck is, of course, still around and doing the Jessie Stone role, an adaptaption of the Robert Parker novels about an L.A. homicide detective that moves to Maine to rebuild his life as the Chief of Police in a small coastal town.

No comments: