Friday, September 19, 2008

A Fork In the Road

Lately I have been considering, praying about and talking with my wife and others about my next steps for life and ministry. When I took my current job, I told Diane I would do it for at least three years before I looked at moving on to something else. October 5th, which is in two weeks, will mark three years since I began this job, so i have been considering what steps to take next.

Here are some options I have considered:

Pursuing a Full-Time Ministry position.
Either as a Pastor of an established Church or in a Church Planting Capacity. I have already turned down a few positions, but my thoughts have been headed in that direction again. So, perhaps it is time to seriously look at diving back in.

Staying with the job I have.
It is a fun job, I get to do some things that not too many other people do, it pays decent. And, I could always work in a bi-vocational capacity. There are a couple of organizations I am looking at that would be glad to have someone with my background throw some volunteer work there way.

Getting some more education
If I am serious about returning to full-time ministry, why not go for some more schooling. A good School can be great for focusing, networking and getting in touch with God's plan. I am currently doing some classes, but I am talking about full-time residency stuff.

I guess it boils down to what God is leading me to do and how I decide to walk that out.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So as a padded assailant, you dress up in a suit and let people kick you in the ribs. Aren't you already doing full-time ministry????

Anonymous said...

LOL! I miss you Howard....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nichole said...

First of all...I really want to read the deleted comment.

Second, MOVE TO CA MOVE TO CA MOVE TO CA (tee hee)

Anonymous said...

I know,

He has let some really crazy ones stay on here, so what does someone have to say to get their comment deleted?

Anonymous said...

Wait! Was that my comment that got deleted?

agentpipes said...

Jaime - Candi and I have deliberated and the offer (that we spoke of today on the mountain) is acceptable. Any idea how to get my boss to approve and fund it?

Anonymous said...

For what its worth, I wanted to tell you that your ramblings are taking on the nature of a real communicator. Very impressive.