Thursday, October 2, 2008

Johnny Says....

A question for leaders and people with customer oriented businesses from John Maxwell:

"Are you building people or building your dream and using people to do it?"

If you are building people, they will help you build your dreams. If your using people, they will figure it out and not really care about your dreams.

This question struck me because it is so easy to see people as a necessary tool in building what you want, and not the goal of what you are doing in and of themselves.

1 comment:

agentpipes said...

Every success that I've ever had that I can look back on proudly are situations that I kept the people I was working with as most important. We devolped real relationships and met success together. I've had successes using people as tools, but I'm not proud of those or they mean nothing to me.