Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Vision Infusion


Vision: A clear mental picture of a preferred future.

When I was a Pastor, the thought was taught that people needed to be reminded of the vision at least once every thirty days. If you don't hear about where you are going and how you are going to get there at least once a month, you experience vision drift....you forget where you are going or you forget to do the things that will get you there.

I thought I would be good to you today and throw out a few coaching questions to help you start thinking about your vision for your life. These are just some basic ideas, but if you can answer them, they will help you on your way. And, today only, I am going to let have them for no charge. Enjoy.

Who Am I?

What is my purpose?
What do I do best?
What do I enjoy?
Sometimes knowing what you do best and what you enjoy doing helps you understand your purpose and calling in this world.

Where do I want to be in five years?

What do I want to be doing in five years?

Or, ask it in another way, because sometimes it is not about what you want, but about what you should be doing:

Where should I be in five years?

What should I be doing in five years?
- What do I need to do to get there?
- What am I doing to get there?
This sounds the same as what do I need to do, but to look at what you are doing, and not just what you should be doing, will help you make huge strides towards realizing that preferred future.

There ya go. Priceless questions just for you.

Here is something we are doing to help infuse some vision into our daughter Emily's life. I am taking her to this conference:

The Rebelution Conference

No comments: