Thursday, May 10, 2012

Proof Positive


I recently got to check out the new Avengers movie. I will leave the review of it to everyone else. But, I did want to mention something else.

With this new movie, and the recent "Captain America" movie, we are seeing a resurgence of fans of Captain America. He could be considered something of a throwback to old fashioned values, which one of the characters in the movie mentions that people might need.

The Church folk seem pretty excited about his comment he makes when someone mentions Thor being a "kind of God". His reply, “There’s only one God, ma’am,and I’m pretty sure he doesn’t dress like that.”

I just feel compelled to mention that I have been a fan of Captain America for sometime, and I can prove it.

Here is my evidence:

- I subscribed to the Captain America comic for a few years in the late 80's.

- I actually had the t-shirt pictured above. I was wearing it at Disneyland in 2002 (during the tree falling incident which some of you may have heard of) when someone asked myself and our oldest why we were wearing these shirts. I told them that everyone in our group had them. When they asked how many were in our group, I let them know that it was just the two of us.

- I had a Captain America Action figure from sometime in the 80's until a few years ago, when I lost it. I am still unhappy about that. Maybe it is in the ammo can with all the GI Joes in it. I think I will look. Check back for updates.

- I have a Captain America stuffed figure (it's not a stuffed animal, because it is, well, Captain America). I am not sure where that is either right now, but it is ugly, so I don't care so much about it.

So, for those of you that are somewhat new to looking up to one of America's heroes, welcome aboard. And, I know my birthday has come and gone, but it was recent enough that you can still purchase Captain America paraphernalia for me if you want.

1 comment:

Cowboy Dave Dickerson said...

If you're a Cap fan, then you've got to be pretty happy with how he's been written so far. Two movies and he hasn't sucked at all!