Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I Talked with Balhead Bruce


I just had a chance to talk on the phone with my friend Bruce. Bruce was with me at my second Church Planter's Assessment. A Church Planter's Assessment is a tool that is used to evaluate the skill set that someone has that are commonly shared by successful Church Planter's.

Some of what you need includes:

1) A clear sense of God's call,

2) A visionary leader,

3) A starter/gatherer,

4) Communication skills,

5) Evangelistic Skills

6) Excellent People Skills,

7) Team Building Skills,

8) Church planting skills ..namely, you have learned and understand the basic principles and processes of church planting &

9) Emotional maturity


(These are from The Church Planting Office of the EFCA)

I think Bruce has these skills in abundance, even though the Church's we worked on before didn't work out as the leadership kind of folded on us. That is another story. I will share that with you in the coming weeks.

My next post topic should be the one about the pets. Stay tuned.

Anyways, Bruce is doing good and working in Youth Ministry now. Check him out here.

No comments: