Friday, August 8, 2008

The Pet Question

Ecclesiastes 3:21 "Who knows if the spirit of man rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down to the earth.?"

Ok, I have been asking people about this all week.

I have discovered....some people don't care
and
some people care deeply.

The question is, "will we see our pets in heaven?".

I got some info about this from Hank Hanegraaf's book resurrection, pages 119 - 122 and from my friend Mike, the Minister.

Hank explores the voices of some others that he knows. He quotes Joni Eareckson Tada in saying, "If God brings our pets back to life, it wouldn't surprise me. It would be just like Him....Exorbitant. Excessive. Extravagant in grace after grace."

He also references, of all people, C.S. Lewis, who posits that pets may be restored in the resurrection.

My friend Mike the minister pointed out a passage in the Old Testament Book of Isaiah, which states that the lion will lay down with the lamb and mentions several other animals in "heaven".

So, basically, my answer to the question as to whether or not pets will be in heaven is, "Who knows? But, Why not?".

I know, not much of an answer for those that were waiting, but it will definitely suffice for those of you that don't care.

No comments: