Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Trip Up The Mountain







We took a little trip up the mountain today, and here are a few pics. I always kind of go reluctantly, because it seems to be such a long drive to get up there. But, it was actually a pleasant diversion. I definitely recommend going when everyone else is not. We ended up leaving the city at about five pm.

It really could not have been a better contrast. Five o'clock traffic in the city versus five o'clock traffic on the mountain.

My Dad, who died just a week over a month ago now, really enjoyed hitting the mountains. One of the guys that got up to share at his funeral told us how he had been talked into buying a jeep by my Dad, so he could go up the mountains. Then, on his first four wheeling trip, he unexpectedly found my Mom and Dad.

I don't know if it was mostly because of proximity or because it was peaceful and aesthetically pleasing, but my Dad always felt closer to God when he was out four wheeling and in the mountains.

No comments: