Saturday, May 9, 2009

Different

I was just thinking how my kids lives are quite a bit different than mine were when I was a kid.

When I was a kid, I would go spend my days at the pool all summer long. Now, when kids go swimming, it seems to be a big production....they need to get all their stuff together, you have to drive to get to the pool and it is another big production to get them out and back home again. And what parent wouldn't post a gaurd on their kid to keep an eye out for the creeps that seem to hang around the pools?

When I was a kid, if I wanted to go somewhere, I would hop on my bike and go, all over town. Now, the kids all have bikes, but need supervision, helmets, bike paths. And who is really going to let there kid ride their bike all over town. Have you seen some of the people they let out in public these days?

When I was a kid, we all played baseball in the summer, football in the fall, followed by basketball. If you wanted, you could throw soccer in there too, but only if you made way for the main sports, baseball, football and basketball. Now it seems that every kid has their own thing going and requires to be driven all over the world, dropped off so mom can go take the other kid to their thing and picked back up again.

I do think that video games are better now tho. Lucky little kids.

No comments: