Friday, May 8, 2009

Star Trek

Diane and I went to see this today with our friends, Gannon and Rebekkah.

As far as reviewing it, I don't have much to say. I wouldn't consider myself a fan of Star Trek, although I have always enjoyed watching it. Well, with the exception of the episode from the original series that I saw last month...."Spock's Brain". In that episode, some alien chick comes on board the Enterprise. Everyone goes to red alert, except Kirk, who is captivated by the hot alien chick. Then she steals Spock's brain and the episode is all downhill from there. Maybe it was just to much to see all the expressions, mannerisms and quotes that the original series os now famous for. Oh, and I never liked "Deep Space Nine" at all either.

This new movie is very fun to watch. Some of the expressions, mannerisms and quotes seem almost a parody, but it is still enjoyable. Scotty canna do any more, Bones is still saying #*@#%* Jim, I'm a Doctor....it really is fun. Plus, we saw it at the new Harkin's theater...it is a very nice place.

So, if you want a real review, go here. But, if you want to see a fun movie, don't overlook Star Trek. If you were ever a viewer of the Star Trek movies or have seen more than three episodes of the original series, this is not to be missed.

If you ever saw the original Star Trek: The Motion Picture, please erase that from your memory and ask the Lord to forgive you for having squandered that time.

No comments: