Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Feed The Birds........


Our dog got her mouth on a poor pigeon in the yard yesterday. Diane thought it was done for, so she asked me to finish it off. I forgot about it for a little bit, then went and looked at it. The kids said they thought it was dead, so I was grossed out and left it alone.

Diane then put it in a box, warmed underneath by a heat pad and gave the thing some water. When I got home from work, she thought I should put a listing on Craigslist. Who would respond to something like that? However, in an effort to maintain marital bliss, I posted this ad:

Injured Pigeon Needs a Home (East - Central)

A dog got a hold of this pigeon and it couldn't fly away, but it doesn't seem injured enough to put down. If you can help, call XXX-_ _ _ _.

Someone called within about an hour and they just picked the thing up, after offering their opinions on it's injuries and giving the thing some antibiotics and some sort of nutrients.

Diane says I should call it the bird, or girl birdy.....although she was the one who was offering her opinions on the best method for dispatching it. I thought smashing it with a shovel would work best, but she recommended the neck twist ala chicken in the barnyard.

Glad we didn't do that. The people that picked it up were really nice. They drove from Red Rock (not pictured above), about an hour away, to get the .......girl birdy.

On another note, I believe every state in the union has a town or area known as Red Rock.

No comments: