Monday, May 19, 2008

Jason Bourne is not Door Hingeing Here

“As a door turns on its hinges, so a sluggard turns on his bed.”
Proverbs 26:14.


Today was the first time I have had a Monday off since I have been with the unit. Instead of taking it easy, Diane got me up early for a walk. I then put on The Bourne Identity while I cleaned clothes out of my closet. I got rid of 12 or so shirts. It is a wonder that I have any clothes left.

We took the clothes to the goodwill place, then went to Lowes and got a lemon tree, a leaf blower, some spray paint, a small succulent and some sand. When I told the check out guy that it was a lot of sand he said, "Yeah, it is a ton of sand....literally."

Actually, it is 1 and 1/2 tons of sand.

So, I finished sawing down a tree stump, planted the lemon tree, unloaded the sand from my truck, helped Diane with putting in some brick pavers, juiced a bunch of grapefruits and made dinner for everyone.

I must be a real renaissance man.

By the way, which of the Bourne movies do you like best? I think I am partial to The Bourne Identity.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No clothes? That's just a drop in the bucket!

Anonymous said...

I Really liked the Bourne Ultimatum. Much better than the second, and, in my opinion, even the first.

agentpipes said...

It's always the first. The first Preditor, the first Back to the Future, the first Nightmare on Elm Street - it's the originality of it all! That being said, people have complained that II and III aren't as good because it's the same thing over and over. DUH! That's why I saw the second and third. Did that stop the masses from seeing the 10th, 15th, 20th Bond movie? No! We love the fact that Jason Bourne will whoop the hooey out of any bad guy with his own pair of glasses and a nearby tuning fork.

One question for the personal defense folks out there. Is it more effective to punch someone in the face or put a book on someone's face and then punch the book? Either way, "the dishes are done" so to speak.

Anonymous said...

whew.....talk about slave driving. you poor man! way to go mrs. fpf!

Anonymous said...

is that honey as in suga?