Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Some Tomes I have been taking in



































With some free time I have had and a great five Day weekend at the resort, I have had time to read a few books.


I have just started The Turnaround Kid. It is written by a guy who was brought in by major companies to turn around major declines. His resume includes Chrysler, Delphi and work in Health Care, construction and other stuff. I thought it was interesting because I have read much of the material on turnarounds, restarts and refocus of Churches and wanted to see it from a business perspective. We'll see if it is good.

Fantastic is a biography of Arnold Schwarzenegger's life, with no punches pulled. It highlights how he has turned his boundless energy, optimism and hard work into more than successful careers in bodybuilding, Movies and now, politics.

The Portable Obituary outlines the final moments of some of your favorite stars, athletes and famous-for-whatever-reason, and how they passed on. Not overly substantial, but kind of interesting.

Hope you have had a chance to read something good.

No comments: