Friday, November 21, 2008

A Couple of things that bug me

1. This bailout business
Now we(as in our government) are looking to bailout the auto industry. I do not like that they have fallen on hard times after having oversold cars based on being able to get everyone financed so we all could have a new car every three years. It seems that now that credit is a bit more difficult to get, they are not able to sell as many cars. Hmmmm, sounds like the mortgage lending problems.

But, even though they have fallen on hard times, why does it fall upon us as taxpayers to pay them oodles of bucks so they can keep doing what they are doing and not have to face the problem for another ten years or so? And didn't we "bail-out" the auto industry a few years ago? What will make it work this time if it didn't last time? He do we have to bailout next?

Oh, and in order for the "bailout" of the auto industry to be approved, it must be, among other things, "innovative" and "viable". I am all for innovation and viability, but their is really no way to guarantee both since innovation, by nature, is an unknown quantity. It sounds to me like more congressional political double talk that brought us to, or at least pointed out a nice wide paved road to, our economic woes.

2. Those darn boob signs around town.
The Susan G. Komen Foundation is sponsoring an ad campaign around here (and maybe elsewhere) that I am sure they think is clever. It features pictures of women, faces not showing, that are topless from the waist up. At least they appear to be. Actually, they are holding some sort of white board or canvas with a picture of twin pieces of produce strategically placed. I am sure I have seen green olives, with the pimento's in place, and avacados, with the pits in place. I don't know what else they have out there. Maybe Watermelons, bananas, kiwis, I dunno. Beneath the pictures, it says "We support all shapes and sizes", or something like that.

It just seems inappropriate.

By the way, someone told me that the Susan G. Komen foundation has given grants to Planned Parenthood. I haven't confirmed it yet, other than seeing all sorts of links about that when I googled it. But, as I have found the internet to have, from time to time, information of dubious veracity, I don't know for certain. Someone find out for me, would you?

1 comment:

Nichole said...

http://www.lifenews.com/state1986.html