Monday, November 3, 2008

It's the End of the World as We Know it.

When I was in Bible College, Bill Clinton was elected as president. the mood on the campus was glum. The general attitude was that this certainly spelled the end of the world and the return of the Lord, which one would think would make everyone happy.

Now that we have another candidate running that many evangelical Christians disagree with and that has made disparaging comments about people clinging to religion, the attitude with many is the same.

My neighbor saw me outside of my house the other day and trooped over to let me know that he was certain that the Ezekiel 38 and 39 war with Israel was coming after Obama was elected. He explained that Obama would so weaken our economy and military that we would no longer be able to support Israel. Israel would then be forced to nuke Iran, which would lead Russia and Iran to attack Israel and begin the fulfillment of prophecy.

An interesting scenario, but I am not so certain that this is the case. Do I believe the Lord could be coming soon? Yes, I believe he could return at any time. I am one of those. However, I also believe that he could wait another while too. And I am not so certain that the Lord's plans are based on and dependent upon who we elect for president, either good or bad.

No comments: