Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Not Dr. Richard Kimball...


This morning, we were in the area for the Town Hall meeting in Green Valley that Gabrielle Giffords, our representative in congress was presenting. I went on the walk through of the auditorium, as I was part of the contingency team and needed to see the layout. But, I was nowhere near the facility for the actual event.

Just prior to the meeting,some of the guys that were posted there wanted something to eat. So, I went with a couple of the guys to go pick something up for them at the nearby McDonalds.

While we were there, the former Surgeon General of the U.S., Richard Carmona, stopped in. He was supposed to be doing the inroduction for the meeting and said he had already driven by, but he didn't want to go in yet since it was still early and there was already a large crowd. He chatted amiably with us for a bit, then left for the meeting.

Does anyone else find it a bit ironic to see the former Surgeon General at McDonalds? I half expected to see him step out for a cigarette or jaywalking on a busy street. Okay, maybe not. But it still seemed a funny place to see him.

In his defense, I didn't see him eating. Neither was I.

No comments: