Monday, September 7, 2009

Wait a second

I am still asked, from time to time, when I will return to full time ministry and in what capacity I would consider doing so. Here is a stab at an answer:

For those of you that don't know the story and Without delving more into my calling, gifts and abilities, personality, etc., I, in brief, accepted a position here in a way that I campaigned for, pushed for and rushed into without necessarily thinking it through as much as I might have.

So, I decided that in relation to future full time ministry stuff, I would wait on God. I know that usually a person pursues this sort of calling and hops up and "candidates" for Churches and positions and all that, but I figured that it would do just as good to wait and see if God will make it happen in his time. Besides, if I am not trusting him, what is the point?

I think I am in some good company, in waiting like this. In the Bible, Joseph waited for years in a dungeon before he moved on to better things, Abraham waited for years for God to give him his promised son (and didn't wait for part of the time, creating problems), Moses waited forty years before God moved him back to lead his people out of Egypt, then led them around for another forty before they got to the promised land, David waited a good fifteen years after he was anointed King of Israel before he was actually appointed King of Israel.

I'm no Joesph or Abraham or Moses or David, but God is still God. So, I will wait for his time.

In the meantime I will do the best I can at what he has put before me; my job, my family and my friends.

No comments: