Monday, December 17, 2007

I Am Legend



I went to see this show with some guys from the church.

The movie is based on a book of the same name where the main character is the last known survivor in a world that has become infested by vampires.

In the movie, Will Smith plays a guy who is the last known survivor of a virus that has turned everyone else into rabid animals that can't come out during the day. He is desperately trying to develop a cure as he is conveniently a military immunologist ala Dustin Hoffman's character in Outbreak.

The movie has some great edge of your seat action and some startling make you jump scenes that are worth going for. I did not care for the ending that I thought fell kind of flat, but I overall thought it was very cool.

I know some people don't care for Will Smith. I am not one of those people but, even for those who are not big fans of his because you accidentally heard some of his music or watched too many episodes of Fresh Prince of Bel Air, I think his performance was still good enough that you might just find the movie as riveting as I did. At least until the movies end.

Besides, the images of an abandoned and overgrown New York City are absolutely stunning.

No comments: