Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Old To Do list

There have been some things I have been meaning to get around to. I, for all the usual reasons, don't like the idea of New Year's resolutions. However, here are some things that I need to get on top of in the coming year:

I am working on a Master's in Missions, Evangelism and Church Growth. The whole idea of the degree is that it is a self-paced, distance Education sort of thing. In my opinion, not as good as the old learn and discuss with cohorts in a classroom, but it is still beneficial and I am learning new ideas and reinforcing some other ideas. The problem is, it is a self-paced sort of thing. So, I need to get myself to work on the stuff more diligently and get it done.

Diane says we need to re-do the roof soon. It has one of those 3 year elastomeric white sort of roofs and it hasn't been redone for 4 years or so.

I want to paint the trim on the house. It is not only getting faded, but it is brown. I don't like brown. I prefer green. I wonder when the best time of the year is to do this.

I would also like to learn some Spanish. I know a few words, Like "I am the police!" "Don't Move!", "Sit Down!", "Open the Door!", "Hands Up". But, I would like to get a little beyond this for my job. Frankly, Spanish hasn't been my first choice in languages to learn, but I think it might be helpful. Another problem with this. Some of the words are close to French, which I learned before. Many words are not. But, when I try to learn, my brain keeps throwing French words in to the mix.

Of course, I need to make sure I do not do all this at the expense of work, family, Church stuff (where I am helping get the small group thing rolling) and my whole philosophy of not rushing around and not being in a constant state of panic and we have to go now like so many seem to be. We also have a wedding, a reunion and who knows what else to go to. Should be a fun year.

No comments: