Saturday, December 22, 2007

It should be fun, but it isn't...and no, neither one of those people are me, I swear it.





Diane and I went and did Christmas shopping today. As we were out, we began to wonder why people felt the need to do this. Yes, we had most of our Christmas shopping done, but the few things we hadn't gotten just had to be purchased before Christmas. I didn't really mind the crowds so much and we were able to provide entertainment for several people in the lines, but the whole experience was kind of draining.

Along those lines, I think the retail stores that want to go the extra mile should provide some jugglers or live musicians or something to entertain people in lines at Christmas. Or in the return lines after Christmas.

But, not everyone has a bad time......

Emily and I were at Costco the other day. After we were done shopping, we took a ride on our cart down the slope in the parking lot. The thing actually got going pretty good. When we got into our car, we saw an older gentleman with a balding top and in a suit taking the same ride. It is good to know that some people can still drag some fun out of everyday tasks.

No comments: