Friday, December 19, 2008

Do It Yourself Christmas

It is beginning to stink a lot like Christmas out there.

Every year around this time, the major roads become gridlocked because everyone is out and about doing all sorts of crazy shopping and packaging and the like. Even with the horrors of our economic situation, this year is no different.

I got in on the mad rush yesterday and today. We were purchasing and preparing some gifts for family and friends. Even though the things we bought were minor and very inexpensive compared to what everyone else seems to be doing (even Advent Conspiracy adherents that we know of are not substituting all their consumption, it would seem), it still feels like a mad rush.

So, in order to make my Christmas more blessed, I am going to write a list of things I am thankful for and blessed by. I will post it on here in a couple of days. In the meantime, think of writing your own list and sharing it with family, friends or even complete strangers.

OK, I will start the list on here with this one:

I was able to have some time off work yesterday and today so I could help Diane get ready for the holiday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Attention Bloggers:

Announcing project "Blogger-Earth"

Mapping the World of Bloggers!

Participate by visiting Blogger-Earth and by forwarding and posting the URL on your blogs. Together we can map the blogging world!

Copy & Paste this URL:
http://blogger-earth.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

???

Anonymous said...

PU.
hey, I was wondering if we were going to the christmas eve service be cuz I need to kniw soon cuz im supposed to sing if we do