Monday, December 8, 2008

I am truly gifted

Here is some fun(or frustration).

Emily found this IQ test online and took it. She scored 100 pt.s, which, according to them, means she is average. However, that is average for adults, not a 13 year old. So, she confessed that she had no idea what they were asking in at least half of the questions and has never taken any test of this nature. I think an average adult should score better than someone who has never taken this sort of test and doesn't have any idea what the questions are about.

I scored 132. Here is a chart to show what your score means:

Intelligence Interval Cognitive Designation
40 - 54 Severely challenged (Less than 1% of test takers)
55 - 69 Challenged (2.3% of test takers)
70 - 84 Below average
85 - 114 Average (68% of test takers)
115 - 129 Above average
130 - 144 Gifted (2.3% of test takers)
145 - 159 Genius (Less than 1% of test takers)
160 - 175 Extraordinary genius
As you can see, I am gifted. You can also spend $9.95 and get a complete intelligence analysis to show you where you are smart and where you are not. I believe it is generally those who score 49 or lower that pay for this.

By the way, I don't think it is necessarily an accurate representation of a person's intelligence, or I would have scored much higher. So go ahead, give it a try.

No comments: