Monday, December 1, 2008

I bet we've been together for a million years, or, a little information from a guy with a girls name.

I got the holiday off and then had to work Friday before having the whole weekend off this week. It is a nice change to have weekends off from time to time.

So, we took advantage of the time by joining some friends for games. We went to the park Saturday afternoon with Agent Pipes and his family, the Dusek family and the Hart family to play kickball. How long has it been since any of you have got to play that one. And, between our four families, we had 23 people. Enough for a good game.

Then it was over to our house where we had pizza and played Hoopla while the kids watched National Treasure II.

It was all great fun. It also reminded us of our tradition of game nights in Sacramento. We used to gather with some people from the Church almost weekly, for a while there, to play some games and enjoy one another's company.

One night, we were all trying to remember the theme songs to television shows we had watched as kids, either first run, or in re-runs. I had Growing Pains down pat, because I used to like that Tracey Gold girl. When we got to Family Ties, we were stumped. Even our beloved Brea(not to be confused with Breehy-hinny-brinny-hoohy-hah), the maven of cultural icons of the time, didn't know.

Since we didn't have internet at whoevers house we were at*, we did the only other thing we knew to do. We called information. Yep, the old 411 came through for us, as we got in contact with a guy named Ashley. I don't know if he had to look it up on line, or if he just knew, but he was able to fill us in with the words for the theme song. Brea filled in the tune and soon we were all singing it.

I was surprised that I didn't know it, because this was one of my favorite shows at the time. Well, come to find out, the information room supervisor's don't really like it when you call back and ask for specific operator's, like "the male Ashley", as we did from time after that. I hope we didn't jeopardize his job in any way.

Our Pastor told us this week that the purpose of life was to walk with God and joy your life (Apparently the End times topic is not until next week), so that is what we did this weekend and in the past. I recommend a game night for everyone.

* I am not sure why we didn't have, or didn't check, the internet. I am sure it was available. Maybe the computer just wasn't turned on at the time, or something like that. Anyways, here is the theme song in question:

4 comments:

brea said...

This has been my favorite post to date. For 1) I am mentioned by name 2)that was such a fun night 3) the male Ashley is my hero and 4)it made me miss West Sac game nights with a smile. Thanks for the post!

Anonymous said...

Wow!

Imagine if you had put her picture on here.

The male ashley is her hero. Hmmmm. I wonder if he knows this.

Jaime said...

hey Brea,

I am glad you enjoyed it.

I'll try to throw your name in from time to time....Brea, Brea, Brea. There, like that?

We miss those times too. Hope you found some folks you can have almost as much fun with as you did with us and the others then.

brea said...

I think you will also enjoy this clip. I believe right around 2:39 it gets interesting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMj1ZaWVc-8&NR=1