Friday, June 4, 2010

Blessings and Curses

I think I may have told you this story before, but here it goes again. In case I have, you should know that Diane used to recommend I get a little book with all of my favorite stories in it and write down who I told that particular story to so they don't have to suffer though it again. One day, I might just do that.

We used to give a guy a ride over to the VA hospital after school. He and I both went there for a work study program to help pay the bills.

One day, as we were riding over, we saw some guy in some sort of a uniform with a bucket, obviously asking for donations. Jonathan asked who that guy was, as If I had more information than him since I was sitting in the front seat and he was in the back. I said, "I dunno, probably some cult or something."

With his loud, grating and scary voice, he then screams, "I curse you in the Name of Jesus!!!"

We hurriedly drove him to the VA wishing that we could check him into the psych ward.

Yesterday, some man told me that he had a salesman at his door. The salesman didn't bother him too much, until he asked the man if he was a Christian and said some very strange and disconcerting words to him before he left.

What was the incantation that he uttered that shook the man's spirit and sensibilities? He said, "God Bless You."

Now, the man said he was a psychologist so he was paranoid about that sort of thing, but let's get your opinion.

Would you rather have someone ask God to bless you because you seem to be a nice person, or have someone call down fire from the fingertips of Jesus to consume you in screaming agony because you have been led astray.

Just a quirky observation from my experiences.

No comments: