Friday, June 25, 2010

Things you have never seen, ever.


We are planning a trip to Colorado and Nebraska in the coming weeks to visit my Mother, Brothers and some relatives. I am not telling you so you can plan a heist of all the myriad of valuables I keep at my house or so you can lament the fact that we get to take a vacation in the dead middle of July to one of the most humid places on the planet in our old minivan. Okay, Nebraska is not nearly as humid as Louisiana or the mosquito coast, but it still is a little damper than the dry heat we are used to here.

I just wanted to mention that we are taking the trip for a couple of reasons.

1. If it seemed like my blogging slowed down a bit you wouldn't get alarmed and add me to the list of those people that started a blog to let people know what is happening and then never have anything to say. If I did fall in that category, you would understand, because it is so easy to be in that category, but I want to reassure you that I am not there.......yet.

2. To let you know that you will, in the coming weeks, here about some things that you probably have never heard about or seen before, right here, on this blog, from me. Why? Because you don't take vacations to Nebraska and Colorado. They are, how shall I say, unusual.

So, remember to forgive me for slowing down slightly as we prepare for our trip and then go away and keep checking back for word of some things you have never seen or heard of before.

Here is one now:

The Nebraska State Capitol Building is the tallest State Capitol Building in the U.S. of A.

It is also the home to the only state Unicameral legislative system. That is unusual too.

Capital!

No comments: